Op BP is officially starting:
1. SKIN. Investing in top products that will (hopefully) result in glowing, healthy skin as well as acne treatments to keep them breakouts to a minimum. Also, finally made an appointment with a dermatologist because why not talk to an expert about something I have admitted to feeling less and less confident about??
2. MAKEUP. Because I have been feeling self conscious about my skin and have been a goddamn lazyass about taking my makeup off at night. Here’s to making a conscious effort (in writing) to take all that crap off my face, and with the hope that my skin will improve, wearing a whole lot less of it.
3. HAIR. Purchased some really kickass hair products today and I cannot wait for them to arrive in the mail. Gotta keep the short hair on point, sick of relying on hot tools day in and day out.
4. BODY. Worked out today for the first time in basically a month, and it felt freaking fantastic. Gave myself a pat on the shoulder for still being able to run 3 miles at a decent time. But seriously, I keep forgetting that working out gives you endorphins resulting in feeling more energy. Being “tired” from work isn’t an excuse anymore.
5. MIND. Did some leisurely reading today for the first time since I have started working again (aka 3 1/2 months). Even if it was just an article I found intriguing in Vogue…hey, actually reading fresh, engaging, and well written content keeps the mind on it’s toes. Must read more! And finish all the books I’ve only read halfway…
6. SOUL. Been really into music discovery lately, I know who isn’t? But more so for myself lately and I’ve never found something more calming. Can’t wait to keep on discovering.
Also, as a worthy honorable mention I really need to get my sleeping schedule back on track. I’m SICK AND TIRED, (pun intended) of always being that girl that’s running late, speeding to work, rushing, and stressing over time management that all comes down to I can’t get my ass up in the morning. Yes, I’m writing this all down at 3 in the morning but I suppose putting this in writing is the first step.
Will keep this updated.
Woke up to a letter
The Letter (detail) (1910) , Julian Weir / Don’t Look Down, Kanye West ft. Mos Def, Big Sean & Lupe Fiasco
I KNOW, I’m only years behind but I finally finished all 9 seasons of The Office today for the first time and I just gotta say, I get it. While eating a bagel and drinking too much coffee, I cried my way through the final episode because it was just so goddamn perfect. “There’s a lot of beauty in ordinary things, isn’t that kinda the point?” The final line got me, so here’s your dose of nostalgia for the day to those that watched the show. #latenightappreciation #TheOffice #newfavsitcom #thanksNetflix #thatswhatshesaid #DunderMifflin
You know what I like, and feel is so important? That he doesn’t say “Men thinks those are THEIR positions”. He says “We think those are OUR positions.”
As a male feminist, he still doesn’t exclude himself from the group of men.
"There’s a lot of beauty in ordinary things, isn’t that kinda the point?" - The last line of The Office.
Just finished 9 seasons of this amazing show while eating a bagel, drinking coffee, and crying because goddamn that was a beautiful final episode. What a productive day off it has been so far.
Walk out of work and it’s still 95 degrees, at least there was a real nice sunset to greet me☀️🌴#thestruggletogetmoney #nordstrom #SoCal (at Nordstrom Brea)